Welcome to the
Missouri Angus Association
Missouri Angus Breeders’ Futurity Weekend is Quickly Approaching!
We invite you to join us for a weekend of Angus activities online and at the Courtyard by Marriott Columbia in Columbia, MO.
Saturday, February 26, 2022:
- 10:00 am: Missouri Jr. Angus Foundation Scholarship Interviews Begin (If applied, contact Deb Thummel for interview time)
- 10:45 am: Auxiliary Royalty Interviews Begin (If applied, contact Melissa Eitel for interview time)
- 12:00 pm: Trade Show Opens and runs until 6 pm
- 12:45 pm: Annual Meeting of the Missouri Angus Auxiliary
- 1:15 pm: Learning Forum – Are You Ready for the Long Run by Marla Calico
- 2 pm: Annual Meeting of the Missouri Junior Angus Association
- 3 pm: Annual Meeting of the Missouri Angus Association
- 5 pm: Social Hour at the Courtyard by Marriott Columbia
- 6 pm: Annual MO Angus Association Banquet
- RSVP for attendance is required by February 17th!
- Register online at EventBrite:
- Option to pay online or at the door
- Banquet Pricing: 12 & Over: $35; Youth ages 3 to 11: $20; Children 3 & under: Free. Please note, credit card convenience fees apply.
- 8 pm: Evening social continues at the Courtyard by Marriott
Sunday, February 27, 2022:
- 7:30 to 9:30 am: Breakfast for overnight hotel guests in Salon C & D
- 7 pm: Race-horse style close to Futurity sale all online at Angus Live
- Sale book viewed online here as well as printed in the February Missouri Angus Trails.
Have questions? More details can be found here in the February 2022 Missouri Angus Trails.
Missouri Angus Association is excited to announce that we have added an employee to better serve our diverse membership.
Effective December 15, Kody Graves is serving as the Missouri Angus Association Sales Manager and will be managing numerous upcoming sales. A fourth-generation rancher from Texas, Kody has been involved in every aspect of the cattle industry. His experience began raising registered Hereford cattle where he was active in both 4-H and FFA as well as the National Junior Hereford Association. Kody received his bachelor’s degree in Animal Science from Texas Tech University where he also worked in the meat processing and research facility. He continued his education to receive his Master’s degree in Animal Physiology and Endocrinology from Iowa State University in 2015. For the past 7 years, Kody and his wife Sydney have made Missouri home living near St. Louis. During that time, Kody worked for semen companies as a sales manager and sales rep as well as an IVF company. For the past 5 years, he has also owned and operated Graves Cattle Services providing AI and ultrasound services to cattleman across the country. Along with their two-year-old daughter Kenzie, they run a herd of registered Herefords as well as manage a group of Angus donors and sale cattle. Kody is passionate about the beef industry and looks forward to visiting with ranchers and looking through Angus herds across the state. Kody is excited to continue this passion by working for our members serving as the Missouri Angus Association Sales Manager.
Kody can be reached at Kody@missouriangus.org or (940) 531-1851. Sale consignment information can also be mailed to his address at: 266 Hideaway Trail, Eureka, MO 63025.
- Beginning with the April 2022 publication, to account for an increase in postage and paper prices, we have increased the price of black and white ads. Our revised details about advertising can be found here or on our publication page.
- The February 2022 Missouri Angus Trails can be viewed online here.
- Thank you to our great members and the over 100 advertisers in the 2021-2022 Missouri Angus Directory, our June/July Trails. We are excited to release our directory annually and it can be viewed online: 2021-2022 Missouri Angus Directory.
- The 2021 Breeders’ Futurity weekend was a success in the new format! The 2021 sale report can be viewed online here. The decision has been made to continue in the same online format with Angus Live for the 2022 sale. More information can be found in the directory and if you have questions, please reach out to Kody Graves or Julie Conover.
- The Missouri Angus Trails was redesigned in 2021! We hope you enjoy these changes and can view the publications online here: February 2021, March 2021, April 2021, May 2021, August 2021, September 2021, October 2021, November 2021 and December 2021. As a note, our publication size is 8.125″x 10.8125″. Full page ads will still need 1/8 inch bleeds.
- Please use our calendar page to stay up to date on sales and locations from our members and advertisers in the Missouri Angus Trails.
|02/01/2022||Hoover Angus Sale||Creston, IA|
|02/12/2022||Crooked Creek Angus Sale||Clarinda, IA|
|02/13/2022||Iowa Beef Expo Angus Sale||Des Moines, IA|
|02/18/2022||Galaxy Beef Production Sale||Macon, MO|
|02/19/2022||Byergo Family Angus Sale||Savannah, MO|
|02/19/2022||Gilbert Cattle Co. Private Treaty Open House||Oldfield, MO|
|02/19/2022||Janssen Angus Bull Sale||Earlham, IA|
|02/19/2022||Pine View Angus Sale||Colesburg, IA|