Welcome to the
Missouri Angus Association
We enjoyed seeing many of our members at the Missouri State Fair in Sedalia, MO. Here are the Angus results from the week:
- Thursday, August 11 (84 head): 2022 Missouri State Fair 4-H Angus Show Results
- Thursday, August 11 (63 head): 2022 Missouri State Fair FFA Angus Show Results
- Friday, August 12 (170 head): 2022 Missouri State Fair Open Angus Show Results
- 2022 Missouri State Fair Live Evaluation Contest Results of the Carcass Steer Show
- 2022 Missouri State Fair Detailed Carcass Steer Results
Missouri Angus Association will be managing three sales this fall. Mark your calendar for these exciting events:
- East Central Missouri Angus Association Fall Sale – Saturday, October 8, 2022
- Heart of the Ozarks Angus Association Fall Sale – Saturday, October 15, 2022
- Missouri Angus Ladies of Autumn Sale – Sunday, October 23, 2022
Additional information and entry forms are located on the For Sale, Sale Book tab. Contact Kody Graves for more details about the sales.
2022 Missouri Angus Preview Show a Success!
Congratulations to all our members on a great weekend in Sedalia. 146 head showed Sunday and 138 pm Saturday. The results are below.
Saturday, June 11 – 2022 Missouri Junior Angus/MCA All-Breeds Junior Show Angus Results
Sunday, June 12 – 2022 Missouri Angus Open Preview Show Results
Kody Graves is serving as the Missouri Angus Association Sales Manager. A fourth-generation rancher from Texas, Kody has been involved in every aspect of the cattle industry. His experience began raising registered Hereford cattle where he was active in both 4-H and FFA as well as the National Junior Hereford Association. Kody received his bachelor’s degree in Animal Science from Texas Tech University where he also worked in the meat processing and research facility. He continued his education to receive his Master’s degree in Animal Physiology and Endocrinology from Iowa State University in 2015. For the past 7 years, Kody and his wife Sydney have made Missouri home living near St. Louis. During that time, Kody worked for semen companies as a sales manager and sales rep as well as an IVF company. For the past 5 years, he has also owned and operated Graves Cattle Services providing AI and ultrasound services to cattleman across the country. Along with their two-year-old daughter Kenzie, they run a herd of registered Herefords as well as manage a group of Angus donors and sale cattle. Kody is passionate about the beef industry and looks forward to visiting with ranchers and looking through Angus herds across the state. Kody is excited to continue this passion by working for our members serving as the Missouri Angus Association Sales Manager.
Kody can be reached at Kody@missouriangus.org or (940) 531-1851. Sale consignment information can also be mailed to his address at: 942 Ranch Bluff Road, Villa Ridge, MO 63089.
- The 2022-2023 Missouri Angus Directory will arrive in print around June 1st. It can also be viewed online here.
- Beginning with the April 2022 publication, to account for an increase in postage and paper prices, we have increased the price of black and white ads. Our revised details about advertising can be found here or on our publication page.
- The 2022 Breeders’ Futurity weekend was a success in the new format! The 2022 sale report can be viewed online here. The decision will be made at the April Missouri Angus Board of Directors meeting about the sale format for 2023.
- The Missouri Angus Trails was redesigned in 2021! We hope you continue to enjoy these changes and the availability of an online publication as well. The 2022 publications can be viewed here: February 2022, March 2022, April 2022, May 2022, 2022-2023 Missouri Angus Directory, August 2022, September 2022, and October 2022. The 2021 publications can be viewed by clicking on the month: February 2021, March 2021, April 2021, May 2021, 2021-2022 Missouri Angus Directory, August 2021, September 2021, October 2021, November 2021 and December 2021. As a note, our publication size is 8.125″x 10.8125″. Full page ads will still need 1/8 inch bleeds.
- Please use our calendar page to stay up to date on sales and locations from our members and advertisers in the Missouri Angus Trails.
|10/01/2022||Soaring Eagle of the Ozarks Fall Bull Sale||Springfield, MO|
|10/03/2022||Express Ranches Bull & Female Sale||Yukon, OK|
|10/05/2022||Cantrell Creek Angus Sale||Niangua, MO|
|10/07/2022||Ozark Fall Farmfest||Springfield, MO|
|10/07/2022||Smith Valley Angus Sale||Salem, MO|
|10/08/2022||Angus Alliance International Sale||Carthage, MO|
|10/08/2022||East Central Missouri Angus Association Sale||Cuba, MO|
|10/08/2022||Ozark Fall Farmfest||Springfield, MO|